Honkie Pot Roast
Oven or Crock Pot
Author: ggg foods
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 fl oz White BBQ Sauce
- 6 Celery ribs
- 6 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 12 cup(s) Beef Stock
- 4 pound(s) Pot Roast
- 12 small red potatoes
- Place Pot roast in zip lock bag
- Add enough White BBQ Sauce to coat completely. Don't skimp.
- Refrigerate at least one day; two is better.
- Cut 6-8 celery ribs and 6 carrots into 3-4 inch lengths (half carrots lengthwise). Place in bottom of roaster to form rack for roast.
- Place roast on top of celery/carrots.Top roast with onion quarters. Pour any excess sauce on top of onions.
- Add 12 cup beef stock. cover and cook until roast is almost falling apart.
- Add 12 small red potatoes and cook 1 hour more.
- Serve with Cold White BBQ Sauce on side.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees until roast is very tender or in Crock Pot on low.
- Note: When using Crock Pot, you may want to braise the pot roast on both sides before putting into crock pot.