This ain't your Mama's Apple Pie
Author: ggg foods
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 to 8 Macintosh Apples
- GGG Foods White BBQ Sauce
- 1 C Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbls Flour (non-self rising)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 pie crusts (purchased)
- Peel and core 6-8 Macintosh apples and toss in White BBQ Sauce.
- Grill each piece of apple 3-4 minutes over hot grill.
- Transfer cooked pieces to sheet pan to cool.
- When cool layer pieces in prepared pie crust (just use the ones from the grocery store).
- Mix one cup packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour (non-self rising) , 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and spread over apples.
- Top pie with strips of one of the pie crusts and lay latice style over pie OR for more ease, top with second crust, crimp edges together and put 3-4 one inch slits around pie top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (If edge begins to brown to quickly, cover edge with strips of aluminum foil.)
- ~~Oh yea, try it with Chipotle White BBQ Sauce instead of White if you are wanting a pie with attitude!